I. Scope of Information Collection
Personal information and non-personal information of the user, resident and yourself may be collected by us when products and/or services of Uniview Technologies are used by you.
Personal information refers to any information that relates to certain natural person and that may be used to identify certain natural person when combined with other information, including but not limited to name, gender, date of birth, domicile, telephone number, E-mail address, mailing address, payment information, and personal video content.
Non-personal information refers to, other than personal information, data that no direct connection to any specific person may by determined by solely relying on such data, such as profession, language, zip code, area code, serial number, URL, automatically recorded access data (e.g. type of browser, domain name, times of web browsing, referral webpage, IP address, and page navigation), unique product identifier of the product and your mobile device, video content with no personal information, the country and time zone where a product is connected, geographical location, identification of mobile phone operator, device software platform, and hardware information.
II. Ways of Information Collection
(I) Uniview Technologies collects your personal information via the following ways:
1.1 When you log in an account and activate a product of Uniview Technologies:
When you create an account in order to utilize services of Uniview Technologies or register an account in order to access and view online videos, you would agree to provide your personal information. In addition, when you install and activate a product, if such product needs to be connected to services of Uniview Technologies and be bound with your account, we may ask you to provide some basic product information of uniqueness, such as the name, verification code, and serial number of the product.
1.2 When save videos with services of Uniview Technologies:
If you want to save certain content with services of Uniview Technologies, such as video clips, live streaming, images (user content), we will collect personal information so that you can save user content.
1.3 When you contact us for support:
When you reply to an email from us, contact us for after service, or use our user support tools, we need to collect your information to provide support for you, and use your account information to verify your identity and confirm your product.
1.4 When you appear at certain place where audio / video collection devices of Uniview Technologies are installed, it is possible that your personal information will be collected by us.
1.5 When you apply for any position at Uniview Technologies, we will collect your personal information through materials and documents that are submitted to us by you.
(II) Uniview Technologies collects your non-personal information via the following ways:
2.1 When you use services of Uniview Technologies to help us understand your using behavior, improve services of Uniview Technologies, and provide after service for you:
2.1.1 When you use services of Uniview Technologies, we will collect non-personal information as per industrial standard generally. We collect such information for the purpose of bringing you with better experience, preventing misuse, and making sure that our services can be used normally. We may also record some changes made by you to products with services of Uniview Technologies. Non-personal information collected by us will be stored together with information collected by products directly. Please refer to the manual from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device for adjustment of settings, if you have any question about safety and privacy settings of your mobile device.
2.2 When your user content flows into services of Uniview Technologies:
When you use recording or streaming function of products, we may record and transmit videos and/or audios from products directly. It may include screenshot and some screenshot information would be attached in notice that is sent via email, and data analysis may be carried out to identify your purposes and other cases. We may transmit information from the product that is provided to you, so that notice can be sent to you in the event of certain circumstances.
III. Use of Information
In the period of existence of your account or in the period of providing services to you by us, for the purpose of maintaining legitimate rights and interests of Uniview Technologies, and performing obligations agreed by and between you and Uniview Technologies, we may use your personal information that is collected by us for the following purposes:
1. Answering your consultation;
2. Assessing the position that is applied for by you with your information;
3. Increasing safety of the website of Uniview Technologies, for example, user identity verification, safety protection, fraud detection, archiving and backup;
4. Carrying out audit, data analysis, and research for internal purposes of Uniview Technologies.
5. Sending electronic information to you upon your consent so as to notify you the latest product information and services;
6. Using non-essential cookies to better understand your behavior upon your consent, so as to increase user experience, improve functional design or provide better services.
IV. Sharing of Information
We will share your personal information in the following circumstances:
4. Besides circumstances that your authorization and approval have been obtained, your personal information may be shared:
1) When it is relevant to national security and national defense security;
2) When it is relevant to public security, public health, and significant public interests;
3) When it is relevant to criminal investigation, lawsuit, trial, and enforcement of judgment;
4) In order to safeguard life, property, and other major and legitimate interests of the subject of personal information or other individuals, but it is difficult to reach you for approval;
5) When personal information has been made public by yourself;
6) When personal information is collected from information that has been disclosed to the public lawfully, such as lawful news report, government information disclosure and other channels;
7) When it is necessary for signing contract as required by you;
8) When it is necessary in order to maintain safe and stable running of products or services provided by us, for example, detecting and handling failure of products or services;
9) When it is necessary for academic research institutes to carry out statistical or academic research on basis of public interests, and de-identification treatment must be made to personal information contained in results when results of academic research or description are provided to the public;
10) In order to make claims based on civil law or settle disputes;
11) In order to comply with provisions of law and government orders, legal proceedings of law enforcement authorities, regulators and courts, or similar legal proceedings, or answer subpoenas in relevant countries where our business is operated.
V. Storage and Protection of Information
(I) Duration of Information Storage
(II) Protection of Information
2.1 We highly emphasize safety of information, and have established a dedicated team to research, develop, and adopt various safety technologies and procedures to protect your information from being accessed, used, or leaked in an unauthorized way, with all these rigorous measures. However, please note and understand that with technological restrictions and rapid development of as well as various malicious attack means in the industry of Internet, even all possible safety enforcing measures have been taken by Uniview Technologies to the greatest extent, it is impossible to guarantee that information is safe absolutely. Please note and understand that safety problems may emerge in the system and communication network that are used to provide products and/or services to you, because of other factors that are out of our control.
2.2 Meanwhile, safety of your information also relies on your cooperation. We provide you with user name and password so that you can access Uniview Technologies and relevant website, and it is your responsibility to keep secret such information. We request you not to share such information with any one, and we will also regularly review technologies that are applied by us and strategies that are adopted to realize collection of information.
VI. Your Rights
(I) Storing your personal information can help us provide you with related services that are needed most by you. You can access and update your personal information via your account, or you can contact us to obtain your information or request us to modify, delete your data by sending email to email@example.com if you cannot find your personal information. You may also refuse or request us to restrict your access. It may be impossible for us to delete previous communication record when you set up, deregister your account, and delete your current files and data. Moreover, we may maintain backup of certain information temporarily until it is deleted permanently, because of the ways of some of our services, after some information is deleted by you.
(III) Uniview Technologies will store your personal information on our server in order to provide you with most relevant services, provided that you continue to be a customer of Uniview Technologies. Your latest personal information is stored in order to provide you with most relevant services. You may access, update, and delete your personal information through data folders. We can help you manage your subscriptions, disable your account, and delete your activity summary and data.
VII. Privacy of Minors
We provide no services of Uniview Technologies to any child that is under the age of 18 (or any other similar minimum age that is specified in related jurisdiction). Once we find any account is connected with or is registered by a child under the age of 18 (or any other similar minimum age that is specified in related jurisdiction), relevant account information will be deleted immediately by us. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 (or any other similar minimum age that is specified in related jurisdiction) and you believe that your child has disclosed her/his personal information to us, please contact us immediately via telephone number or email address that is provided in support information of Uniview Technologies in relevant country. Parents or guardian of a child under the age of 18 (or any other similar minimum age that is specified in related jurisdiction) may examine and require us to delete, and forbid us to use personal information of his/her child.
VIII. Contact Us
Please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question about the use of your personal information by Uniview Technologies.